New Year should be a time for positive feelings about the future. A time for reflection on the past and planning great things for the year ahead. And as the saying goes “Out with the old and in with the new”.
I’m not sure if this is how you feel about your business at the moment but this is certainly how I felt when I ditched the desktop based accounting software and moved to the cloud. How about taking these positive steps for your business in 2014?
1. Do your tax return on time this year (31st January is closer than you think) and vow to do it on time from now on – definitely before Christmas. The same applies for every deadline throughout the year.
2. Review your current systems, are they as efficient as they should be? Do you need some training on that software you purchased last year but haven’t found the time to master yet?
3. Get to know your numbers. Is your business making a profit each month? Do you know for sure?
4. Delegate or outsource the tasks you don’t enjoy, find difficult or take up too much of your time.
5. Don’t be a slave to email or social media. They are both great tools for business, but schedule time for them, don’t dip in and out constantly during your day.
6. Find time for the things you enjoy. Take up a new hobby , or an old hobby even. When did you last go hill-walking?
If you would like to find out more about moving your business to the cloud, we have the skills and experience to help. We can guarantee that moving to Xero will definitely be a positive step for your business in 2014. Want to know more, then get in touch today.